Awards

Awards

Grab My Button

About Me

I am a full time teacher and mom of three. I love love love my job working with kids and am always looking for ways to keep my students filled with excitement for learning!


Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 14, 2012

I LOVE Science!

So we are learning all about lifecycles in science this quarter.  We started with the lifecycle of the butterfly.  Well I had this genius idea that I was going to go hunting for some milkweed plants (which I had no idea what a milkweed plant looked like or where they grew).  I wanted to find a caterpillar to bring into my class to enhance the learning experience!  I came home from school and told my hubs that we were going to go out hunting that evening.  This is how the conversation went down:

Me:  We are going to go hunting tonight.
Hubs:  What are we hunting?
Me:  Milkweed plants with caterpillars on them.
Hubs:  Do you know what milkweed plants look like?
Me:  Nope.
Hubs:  Okay, do you know where they grow?
Me:  Nope.
Hubs:  Awesome, this should be fun.
Me:  I KNOW! 

So we did a little research before we went out and thought we had a good idea of where to go and what to look for.  We spent the next 30 minutes looking at every milkweed plant that we could find and no success.  I was starting to get bummed out.  We drove all around our town looking in every place we could think.  Finally the hubs asked if we could go home.  With a saddened face I said yes.  5 minutes from our house we saw some milkweed plants on the side of the road.  I begged for just one more try.  The hubs climbed through some pretty tall weeds and searched a ton of milkweed and finally he found one!  I was so excited!!
Here he is!



No comments:

Post a Comment